Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Awakening Crone


This is a new, totally original piece I completed a few weeks ago called "Awakening Crone". She's emerging (bursting) through the illusions. Casting off her ego and her mask
Think I'll try to create happier faces on the next ones. She looks rather disillusioned at this point. Coming into her wisdom. She's 9" wide and 12" high with the tassels, though I can make her any size. She hangs flat on the wall over my alter on a little nail. She's formed of creamy, luxurious hand dyed (by me) 100 per cent Leather -front and back with sculpted clay/bronzed and painted face. Papier mache highlights (for color and texture), as well as a felting fabric I created (my own secret recipe). Completely weather proof. Hang her inside or out.

Click on image to enlarge.

No comments: