Sunday, December 17, 2006

Just for the Record...

Mark and I attended my old friend, Shastra's Xmas party last evening. It was such a warm, welcoming, loving, festive environment, filled with interesting conversations involving meaningful subjects. Quite a contrast to a few previous gatherings we had been at earlier this month.
It's come to my attention (once again), and I don't understand why it's always such a big surprise... that I'm being negatively judged by certain individuals in regards to my spiritual beliefs.
Up until recently I've learned to become extremely selective about whom I share these personal values with. And why, I wonder, has it previously been such a radical notion that harmony, healing, respect for nature, the planet, people who are not of our culture... a belief in a loving, forgiving higher power that experiences life through, around and within each and every one of us... Why are these loving, well intended values considered naive, immoral or evil? and why are people who believe in these beautiful ideals labeled and persecuted?
I don't worship the devil or demons.
My creed is "Harm No One" and a belief that what we send out, is returned to us three fold.
I'm definitely not gullible, I'm painfully "awake" and aware that we create our own reality, and I'm also very well acquainted and integrated with my shadow (as is expressed in some of my art). This is the part of me that speaks out for, protects and warns me of impending danger. But it's only a defense mechanism (that sometimes gets me into trouble), and Not who I am.
I find it rather interesting that these people who judge me the most harshly, are the ones who have never actually engaged in any conversation with me.

For the most part I just let this stuff go, understanding that these people are morons, and it's not really about Me, considering they don't even know me. It's their problem, not mine. But occasionally -and especially after several emotionally charged experiences (challenges) over the last couple of months, it's escalated to an ultra sensitive climax... where I finally feel a need to have my voice.
So mote it be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hear, Hear!!!