Friday, August 28, 2009

She's baaaack....

Has been forever since I've written in here. I've become addicted to Facebook lately.
   Anyway, lots has happened since my last entry. My husband, Mark moved to Maui over a year ago to work with his brother -building a multi-million dollar house on the ocean, and I've been traveling back and forth to visit -rather frequently.
Did a lot of painting and sculptures while I was there, but this going back and forth really screws with your momentum.

He flew here last September -2008 for about 6 weeks to help his best friend, Steve with the Oklahoma Indian degree team for the Masonic Lodge, and also to officiate at a lovely wedding up in Bremerton. We took the ferry back to Seattle from there. Stopped in to visit daughter, Tegan and her boyfriend, Michael.
Sold most of the stuff in storage at a garage sale.

And we hiked up to Bagby hot springs on my birthday. Beautiful! My Bronco broke down on the way home and we'd needed to coast all the way into Estacada. No cell phone service way out there...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30524880@N02/
Mark and I spent Christmas '08 in Waikiki and went whale watching out on a charter boat in Jan. '09. That was truly exciting! The huge humpback whales literally rocking our boat. Must have been 6 or 7 males and one female.
His best friend
, Steve Fondren transcended a few months ago, Really quite a shock. Still a young man.
My daughter, Tegan got married to Michael on June 27th '09. Mark flew here to Portland to officiate. All of these events have been documented on my youtube channel, as well as on a few of my flickr sites. http://www.flickr.com/photos/26213484@N07//
I'm currently reading Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth" again. This will be the third! time I've read this wonderful, inspirational message for living. He speaks to your heart and soul as well as to your mind. I have several books like these that I use as my bibles, including Carolyn Myss's "Advanced Energy Anatomy." Deepak Chopra, the Seth writings, Richard Bach -who Mark and I saw and spoke to at Powell's a couple of years ago. He autographed a copy of his book for us and did a little drawing of a ferret and a butterfly on the inside cover. Very special... I also saw Deepak several years ago, speak at a church nearby. He was wonderful! Cost $10 and I had a seat in the front row...

No comments: